THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site, App, and Services.
To sign up for our services through our Site or App, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and your payment information (in order to complete your booking). We also will collect information that you provide about any health conditions that could affect your ability to participate in a workout.
To create an account to sign up for workout sessions or to purchase our services/products online through our Site or our App, you must provide us with your name, physical address, email address, date of birth, phone number, height and weight, payment and billing information, and username and password. If you complete a membership agreement or sign up for a events/workshops/offers, we also collect information that you provide about any health conditions that could affect your ability to participate in a workout. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to create an online account, complete a membership agreement, or make a purchase.
We will also collect information about the classes you schedule and information about your purchases. You may also provide information about your preferences, such as your favorite services or products.
At certain locations you have the option of voluntarily participating in a body scanning program. This scan will measure your body’s muscle mass, fat percentage, and total body water, and will report your overall body composition and body mass index (based on your height, weight, gender, and age). These scans help you understand the effects of your workouts.
You may log into your online account or our Apps through Facebook. If you log in to your account or link your account to your Facebook profile, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access your Facebook basic profile information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account); (ii) post to your wall; and (iii) access posts in your newsfeed. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public through Facebook.
We also collect information about you when you interact with us on social networking platforms. If you message us or tag us in a social network post, we will collect information about your message or the post we are tagged in.
We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Apps through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- your device’s location information, with your permission, to help identify studios located in your area and to help us market our services.
- mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- language information;
- activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App;
location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to help you identify studios located in your area and to help us market our services. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
HOW WE USE YOUR
We use your information, including your personal information, for the
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site and App.
- For marketing and promotional purposes in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products, services, or other information we think may interest you.
- We use your information (typically in the aggregate) to assist us in advertising the MTS brand on unaffiliated websites and in evaluating the success of our adverting campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Apps, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Apps and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our membership reward program.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including authenticating your identity, maintaining customer records, to monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- For other purposes, we may inform you about from time to time.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- We disclose the information we collect from you to our vendors, service providers, contractors, and agents who perform functions on our behalf. In particular, the sign-up portal is hosted by PerfectGym; as noted above, when you register for a service, your information is available to the owner of that particular location and to MTS.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- If (i) we are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we will share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- We may share aggregate, de-identified, or anonymized information about users and members with others for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and App, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and App.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Our Site and Apps may contain links to unaffiliated entities’ websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented, or leased to any third parties.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. You may also update your information by visiting our studio. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
In accordance with applicable law, we will send periodic promotional communications to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communication, or if you have opted-in to our promotional text messages, replying STOP. We will process opt-out requests in accordance with applicable law. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you communications about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. App users may enable or disable push notifications by adjusting their App or device settings.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Site, Apps, and services are not designed for children under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.